Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Sand Table"

Finally!! After thinking about this for months, I finally bought a 5lb bag of cornmeal. I dumped the cornmeal into a small sterilite container from the Dollar General , and had 1 "sand table." Then, since I knew the kids couldn't share 1 bucket, I grabbed another and dumped in some rice. Not surprisingly, they have been mixed since then, but they have also been used daily for a week. Yes, it takes me a while to get around to blogging. Yes, it leads to a lot of sweeping and/or vacuuming. Yes, I'll have to replace the rice and/or cornmeal at some point, but you know what? That time is better spent making an easily cleaned up mess, than watching more hours of Dragon Tales and Barney. We watch enough PBS. I'm so bored with PBS after an entire winter of it, that we've started watching PBS en Espanol. Yes, that's right, Plaza Sesamo and the like. It's just as entertaining, even when you don't understand much of the language.


Of course, for 10x the price, you can buy a giant, hard to store table...
              

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails