Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ribbon Revelation

I have been collecting ribbon for over 3 years now, for making the DreamSlings as well as for other projects, like hair bows, which I have yet to really get into. This means I am constantly looking for a better way to store it.



I was looking at storage solutions online, but nothing was big enough. As I looked at this one, I thought there had to be a way to make one on a larger scale.

See the HOLES?   They made me think of pegboard, and I just happened to have one on the wall in my craft room. It wasn't being used to its best potential, so I ripped it off the wall and started poking ribbons through it.  It would work, but I needed a way to contain the mess of ribbons hanging behind it. I considered a pillow case type idea on the back of it, but that would take work. Then, as I looked around my craft room, I saw a cheap hamper which had become a landing place for unorganized (waiting to be put away) pieces of fabric, ribbon, etc. It was even ripped and waiting to be repaired. The rip actually made it perfect. I used ribbon to attach the plastic pegboard to the side of the hamper and had a way to contain the oodles of ribbon behind the board. 


As I worked on this I thought of another solution, had I not had these supplies on hand. I could have drilled holes in the lid of an under bed storage box and done the same thing. 

I'm hoping to eventually have my sewing room organized enough that I can show you all the whole thing, but for now, here's the fabric and ribbon section.  I have tons more ribbon to poke through the ribbon dispenser but for now, at least a solution has been found!




3 comments:

***Sharon*** said...

You are SO CLEVER!

And I like how you store your fabric. I totally want to do something like that. Right now they are all in bins and it looks messy and ridiculous!

PegHead said...

Thanks. I LOVE those storage things from target. They go on sale every summer for $35. 2 of them can be put like legs with plywood and / or plexiglass for a top to make an awesome giant work table. My friend did it and it really is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative, Peg. You do so much all the time. :) Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails